Notes from the Author

To view this blog as I intended it, it's best to have your screen resolution set to 1152 x 864. If your screen is set at 800 x 600 I can guarantee that your not seeing the entire pictures. Of course, it's all up to you, but I thought I'd warn you!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Week 10

Last week really slow for awhile there, but then Joe moved in. Soon afterwards Burdock got a job in the Gamer track only to be fired a few days later. Luckily for the Leaf family the Gamer community had already put an ad in the paper and Joe took the job on. Betony finally became an adult on Saturday. She quickly flirted, fell in love, got engaged, got married and got bedded! We soon discovered that Joe is quite proficient at procreation!

Blast! Blast! Blast! I'd played all the way to Friday when we had a local power outage and of course I'd forgotten to save at any point during the week, so now I'll have to start all over again!

Day 65 - Monday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you may recall, Joe was supposed to be lifting the Adventure restrictions for the family, but since Burdock messed up his Gamer career, Joe's had to take on that duty, and he's ill prepared, which means I foresee lots of shower banging in his future. (Get your heads out of the gutter, I meant repairs!)

What's this? It looks like Burdock found another job! Yup, he's an Ambassador's Intern now. Good luck buddy!

Go Joe!
"I do it all for my fans."
I don't think you've been around long enough to have fans yet.

Agrimony's time has finally come. She was one of my best ever founders, but she's been hanging around meditating for an awful long time now. She made it to the grand old age of 75.

Day 66 - Tuesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birthday time for the kitties!
They all look so much alike I'm not going to bother with three birthday pics. This one happens to be Mr. Whiskers.

I think he deserves a reward, don't you folks?

Take it easy on him folks, he's a starving man!

Absolutely hilarious! Crush, Love, Best Friends, and Scared, all at once!

It wasn't easy getting him to spin up the want without a date first, but we did it, they did it, and Burdock finally has his first Woohoo!

Glen just got his second LTW! Good man! You're staying home from now on to help with babies!

Our man Burdock, he doesn't waste any time moving on to the next "lady".

Day 67 - Wednesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Banging my head makes it feel better"
Whatever helps you get through those three long seconds dear.

Welcome Caraway Leaf!

Here we have the only good thing to have been caused by having to replay this day three times due to power failures. Betony managed to find a job in Education!!! I can not believe how lucky I'm getting with the careers. Even better, Gamer and Adventure seem to come up twice a week as the first job. Let's hope that doesn't last forever, but it's great for now!

Doing great kiddo!

Apparently Agrimony is less than pleased that she's died twice now. I've never seen a sim come back to haunt a family this quickly.

Day 68 - Thursday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Way to go Betony!
"Awww, it was nothing, really."

Err, I guess it's a "Naked Birthday"

Caraway Leaf
Neat-4, Outgoing-4, Active-9, Playful-7, Nice-1
Sagittarius

That's your one bottle kid, make the most of it!

Gotta make sure Brandi stays a family friend. I love marrying this chic into my families! For one thing, she's a Knowledge sim, by far one of the easiest aspirations to keep happy during a nuclear apocalypse!

I hadn't planned on letting these two hook-up, but Burdock needed the aspiration boost. I guess it means that she'll have to marry into the D generation to avoid any conflicts.

Day 69 - Friday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heh heh! Christmas jammies in the winter land where Christmas never comes. Poor kid!

"Hey! I did it again!"

Yes you did, and your son did too (managed to snag locals that is!)

While Joe seems to be having some problems getting promotions, it's now Burdock's time to shine. I guess it was worth using Brandi as an aspiration boost after all!

Glen's taken to his new place in the household very well. He even found an old recliner he can nap in next to Caraway's crib, making him that much more available for the next generation. Whether this recliner counts as a one tile or two tile object is open to debate. When it's not in recline mode it sits on one tile.

Day 70 - Saturday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burdock is the only family member who works today, so the rest of the family is busy skill building for future promotions. Unfortunately for Betony, that means cleaning, something she'd rather not do.

Don't let the expression fool you, Mouse actually loves kids, he's constantly hanging around the nursery waiting for hugs!

Burdock, you the man!

Day 71 - Sunday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally had to give into the demands of my two Family sims and purchase a high chair. You'd think neither of them has realized that in sim world you can get away with bottles until the little tyke is a child. I do however, have to admit that I enjoy the cute factor of the high chair.

Go Joe!
"I do it all for my fans."
I don't think you've been around long enough to have fans yet.

My toddlers are usually way too busy to boogie with the radio, but gosh it's cute!

Summary: This week our beloved founder Agrimony passed away at the ripe age of 75 days old. Not bad for a sim who never achieved her LTW. To balance things out we also saw the birth of the first 3rd generation child, Caraway Leaf. All the adults managed to find jobs in the career tracks that I wanted (how amazing is that?). Betony is currently an Elementary School Teacher, Joe is a Flag Capturer, and Burdock has made it all the way to Deep Sea Excavator. Of course, all this meant that Glen was forced to quit his job and stay home with Caraway, but he seems to be enjoying it. Also, Mouse, Mr. Whiskers, and Sassy all became elders. Hopefully there will be some deaths soon so that Betony and Joe can have some more children. Hopefully none of the new graves will further obstruct the house!

Mob Payout: $1500
Household Cash: $150,746

No comments: