Notes from the Author

To view this blog as I intended it, it's best to have your screen resolution set to 1152 x 864. If your screen is set at 800 x 600 I can guarantee that your not seeing the entire pictures. Of course, it's all up to you, but I thought I'd warn you!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Week 11

Last week our beloved founder Agrimony passed away at the ripe age of 75 days old. Not bad for a sim who never achieved her LTW. To balance things out we also saw the birth of the first 3rd generation child, Caraway Leaf. All the adults managed to find jobs in the career tracks that I wanted (how amazing is that?). Betony is currently an Elementary School Teacher, Joe is a Flag Capturer, and Burdock has made it all the way to Deep Sea Excavator. Of course, all this meant that Glen was forced to quit his job and stay home with Caraway, but he seems to be enjoying it. Also, Mouse, Mr. Whiskers, and Sassy all became elders. Hopefully there will be some deaths soon so that Betony and Joe can have some more children. Hopefully none of the new graves will further obstruct the house!

Day 72 - Monday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well now, that's an excellent start to the week. These new careers, I never know which card to pick, I just figured the volcano sounded potentially messy.

Sassy worked until her dying day, which was a good thing since it guaranteed her grave didn't clutter up the house.

You guys rock! Double high fives!

Talk about a stressful start. I mean sure, I didn't get fired on either chance card, but those things are murder!

Yummy Pirate! I hope you're as sexy as Cap'n Jack for your sake Burdock!

I hope you guys can keep up this pace, I'm not sure how much longer Glen can last, and Betony really needs to pop out a few more kids to help us out. Now get your butt upstairs, your son is about to become a child!

Oh man! Pink jammies! I am so not reintroducing you in that get up! Go take a shower so we can see your "normal" clothes.

"You know sweetie, with Sassy gone we've got a bit more space...."

Arghh, this family is nuts, summer clothes in a never ending winter, you're as bad as your mother! Oh well.
Caraway Leaf
Neat-4, Outgoing-4, Active-9, Playful-7, Nice-1
Sagittarius

Poor Caraway! It's his first night as a child and the ghosts have already gotten him twice!

Day 73 - Tuesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glen gets along much better with generation of cats than he did the last, although that could be because they're very needy cats, and he's actually fairly lonely despite being crammed into a teeny tiny little house with his two children, a son-in-law, and a grandson.

Hah! I see you trying to hide your Maximized doohickey thingy!

It's Togetherness Tuesday again, which means Burdock is a happy man. This is the closest he'll ever get to date night!

At least Joe just wants the ladies to play chess with him..... ok, that sounds really bad, doesn't it?

Well, that's one good thing about having a parent who works for the school board, at least she gets home just in time to cheer Caraway up after his first day of school.

Caraway, wipe that miserable expression off your face. Do you know how lucky you are to be allowed to Learn To Do Homework?

Pardon the picture quality, but I thought it was interesting that this is how they've all decided to spend their Togetherness Tuesday. Seriously, other than giving Burdock the go ahead for romantic moves and having Glen prepare Gelatin they all made their own decisions.

Belly-Pop #1 at 11pm.

Day 74 - Wednesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heh heh! Glad that I learned something from the local version of learnt something from the local version of Spirit Day! Go EAST!!!

Death came for both Mouse and Mr. Whiskers on the same day. Bye guys, it was fun having you around. On the upside, I no longer have to fast forward through the nights.

"Did you hear?"
Yes, now, I'm sorry but you're cats are dead, and you have to go back to work and try for another promotion.

I almost want to say darn! He actually was a fairly cute pirate.

Apparently Glen never mentioned the "special" properties of cheesecake to Betony...

Day 75 - Thursday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know just how you feel buddy....

Geez Agrimony! Can't you have a little sympathy for the poor sap?

"Dad! Dad! I got an A!"
"That's nice son, now help me beat the nice lady."

You know, I hate to say it Burdock, but you're almost too pretty to be a boy. Yes, I know it's off topic, but it just hit me how pretty he is.

"Now can I stay home?"
'Fraid not hon, that's only level 7, you've got three more promotions to go, and you have to work tomorrow. Be a dear, and pop out that kid tonight.

"Peek-a-Boo!!!"

CRASH!!!! CRASH!!!!! CRASH!!!!

The lot went totally haywire on me for some unknown reason. In the end the only way I could fix it was to move the family to a new lot. The new lot is only a 4x4, but I've subtracted $5,800 to make up for that difference. Also, the family won't be paying the mob this week since they had to re-buy all of their furniture anyway. I figure it ends up the same. To keep my game on schedule I used the Insimenator to change the date time to Thursday at 6pm. The game crashed around 6:30, so they've only gained half an hour. This is their new home. It looks different, but has the same layout. I just changed colors. I did change one desk and chair because they were custom content that I was afraid were glitching the lot. They have approximately the same value as the old and take up the same amount of space.

Day 76 - Friday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bless you Betony! I was beginning to think you'd be forced to quit your job because of this pregnancy.

Welcome Camphor Leaf (it's a boy)

Welcome Cassia Leaf (it's a girl)
Cassia will be the heir because she's the only one who has Agrimony's eyes.

For now we're going to see if the twins can get away with sharing the crib. Cassia got the first turn just because she was the first one changed.

And the answer is, apparently not. I thought that sim babies just fell asleep on the floor like normal babies. Darn, now I'm stuck with two cribs in this tiny room until Athletic, Law, and Politics are lifted.

Run!!! Run for your lives!!! The zombies are attacking!!!!

Glen is weird. He's afraid of changing diapers, but he's feeding the babies constantly. Big Dummy!

Cool! Now you have two days to work on your cleaning skills, so get to it!

I really hate all these new townies who don't own phones. Has anyone found a hack to fix it yet? Pretty please with sugar on top?

"Hello? Can I go to bed now? It's exhausting playing on the computer all day!"
*snicker*

Day 77 - Saturday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woops! Forgot to take a shot of the outcome. Apparently Burdock doesn't know what reverse psychology is, and the terrorists used it on him instead. He got demoted to Warhead Disarmer.

Back to work you go fool!

It's a day of skill building for these two. Betony needs more cleaning skills for her next promotion and for some reason I thought Caraway would need 10 Body skill to go to High School (if Betony tops Education) but it looks like it's only if he wants to leave the lot for any other reason.

Good man, now try not to screw up this time.

It's odd, but Romance sims seem to make great Aunts and Uncles. Burdock's almost always got one of the twins in his arms and he persistently wants to be best friends with Caraway.

Day 78 - Sunday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another day of skilling... at least this time Caraway got to spend some quality time with his dad. Don't look so worried kid, don't forget, you cheat.

The real reason that Burdock likes to say that they're too old for this game is that he's kind of a wuss and his sister constantly beats him.

This poor family is deprived. This is their first ever Berry Pie, and it's likely Glen's last as well. He'll be turning 80 tonight. I can't remember what the oldest sim I've ever had was, but he's getting up there.

It was almost 9 pm before I got one of these blasted kids would grow-up. I guess I should have used the cakes.

Camphor
Neat-4, Outgoing-4, Active-9, Playful-7, Nice-1
Sagittarius
(he's a little clone of Caraway)

Cassia
Neat-4, Outgoing-8, Active-4, Playful-7, Nice-6
Libra
Aww... I love her!!!

A/N: The family will be moving into a replica of this house AGAIN on Monday because the time/date cheat that I used only lasts until midnight, and I'm getting bloody sick of having to reset the day.

Summary: This week all three of cats finally passed on to the great catnip field in the sky. Not really sad about it, they were cute, but annoying. Caraway become a child and Betony gave birth to twins Camphor and Cassia. It was decided that Cassia would be heir since she was the only child to have Agrimony's eyes. The 2nd generation continued to move steadily up their career ladders, miraculously managing to not get fired because of chance cards. Burdock made it to Hostage Negotiator (twice)(L8), Joe made it to Power Leveler (L7), and Betony got all the way to College Senior Professor(L8). The original lot was plagued by a horrid glitch that caused the lot to crash every time it got to 7:06 pm, necessitated a move to a new lot. The move will have to be repeated so that the family's days match up my schedule.

Mob Payout: none because of the move
Household Cash: $184,772

No comments: