Notes from the Author

To view this blog as I intended it, it's best to have your screen resolution set to 1152 x 864. If your screen is set at 800 x 600 I can guarantee that your not seeing the entire pictures. Of course, it's all up to you, but I thought I'd warn you!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Week 15

Last week I managed to get Burdock fired first thing on Monday. He spent the rest of the week pretending to be a sexy pirate, woohooing his way up to five loves, nagging at me for a hot tub, which I finally gave him, and finally, passing away on Sunday. Of course, he hadn't had any woohoo that day so he wasn't platinum. Caraway became an adult and moved his way up the ladder all the way to Scholar. With Caraway finally an adult, and the teens not due to grow-up for awhile Betony and Joe finally had time to spin up some wants about each other, and spent most of the week in a platinum mood, even if it was mainly fueled by small interactions like jokes and back rubs. Betony made it all the way to Lieutenant, it seems she may actually accomplish her LTW. Sunday morning Camphor found a job in Politics. He's not happy about it, but he's still doing well enough in that track. Betony spent most of the week skill building, while her mother has started looking around for potential spouses. Benjamin Long is currently at the top of that list just for having high skills and already being a General. He's a slob, he has a huge nose, and his clothes are awful, but I may be willing to put up with it all.

Day 100 - Monday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mo Shin ga la!"

Ok, there's one good thing about the vacation townies coming home with you. Every now and them you catch them doing something vacationy. Slap Dance time!

Yes!!! Two promotions in one day!

Generally my sims aren't very good dancers. In this household though, everyone is a great dancer, and they seem to pick up the skill quickly too!

Day 101 - Tuesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One teaspoon full at a time... If we can Betony into platinum today might be the day she achieves her dreams.

Come on Caraway, you can do it, just a few more promotions and you can stop looking like a dork.

We almost forgot the smustle faces of Generation 3! ForevScuba got me hooked on them with her Disney Legacy!

That makes four skills she's maximized!
(Mechanical)

Good choice Camphor, even if you did already have 10 Charisma points.

"I'm the greatest thing ever!!!"
Yes! One less sim to worry about!

All right, that means it's time to set my plan into motion...

First we get Benjamin to agree to move in and marry Cassia when she becomes an adult, thus lifting Military restrictions...

"Once a brave general from the family leads the local National Guard in a strike force against the zombie hordes, the streets will become safe to travel again and the military restriction is lifted."
"-Sims may travel to any community lots.
-You may invite over any Sims
-Sims may be sent off to college.
-Teenage Sims may “ask permission to go out” or “sneak out”
-Sims may “Find own place” or otherwise move out of the house."


We promptly get all of our scholarships in order...

And then off to college they go. I'll be writing about their college life next entry. As far as I can tell the rules don't have anything in them about how long they can be away from home. I'm just finishing this week off and the twins will return next Monday.

"You're too late to say Goodbye to the twins Burdock."

With their two youngest now gone to college, and Military lifted, Joe and Betony have decided to return to the house where I accidentally left Agrimony and Glen's graves. I just don't have the heart to kill them. We'll consider this retirement. I may do more about there story when Caraway has lifted Science and moves in with them.

We'll go get them settled in a moment, right now let's talk about Benjamin. Benjamin moved in with loads of junk which he gifted to Betony and Joe to take to their new home and $2,000. He's a General which means he lifted Military, he's also got excellent skills. I'm pretty sure most of you have a pretty good idea of Ben's personality and all, but I just HAVE to introduce him!

Benjamin Long
Aspiration: Knowledge
LTW: Become Game Designer
Neat-2, Outgoing-3, Active-9, Playful-7, Nice-4
Sagittarius

When Betony and Joe arrived back at their previous home, they discovered that looters had stolen everything but the family graves. In fact, they'd even scavenged the top two layers of the home. They promptly went and found some new furnishings for their home, but they only had $3,254 to bargain with. Besides which, most people had little use for simoleans at the moment. Still, Betony was happy to be near the graves of her mother and father again, and she knew her children and their children would take care of her brother's grave.

Luckily for them, they both had work that first day, which helped bring in some much needed money for the essentials.

Back at the hut, it appeared that all the upheaval had made for a couple of active ghosts.

Having already served his apocalyptic duty, Benjamin decided to see if the job in the paper happened to be in the Gaming business. Unfortunately, it was a job as an Emergency Medical Technician.

He was pleased however to note how much more comfortable the Hut was than the dive he'd been living in since the nuclear meltdown.

Day 102 - Wednesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off my boys go to work in their big noisy helicopter!

Every now and then I summon their BV friends so as not to lose the relationship. Hey! It's not my fault that none of them have phones. Then again, it may be, I haven't heard anyone else complaining about none of them having phones. Hmm... I guess in order to test that theory I'd have to clean out my downloads folder and put things in one at a time...

It's very quiet at the Hut now. Caraway calls his friends, and Benjamin sandwiches himself in between the bookcase and the Jumbok statue.

Day 103 - Thursday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You know, if Caraway would hurry up it would be much easier to find my dream job."
Hush, he's doing the best he can. He doesn't even have work today.

Check it out! Camphor and Cassia came home for a visit!

"Dude! You and Ben are really letting this place deteriorate! How 'bout cleaning up once in awhile?"

Geez! I give you guys a couple of unsupervised minutes and you start arguing with each other? I really don't get it, you guys have a 100/98 relationship. I guess he really was upset about how messy the house was.

Cassia, don't tell me you only came home so you could soak in the hot tub?!

"He better not be laughing at me!"

Well, at least Benjamin is being productive.
(Logic)

Day 104 - Friday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While this is a good thing, it's also bad because he doesn't have work until Tuesday. I guess I'll have Cassia NOT look for a job until he's been promoted. Maybe have her get started on the next generation first.

Good, that just leaves Logic to max out for your job. I guess I got his skill set messed up, I thought he already had all the required skills. Good thing I noticed when I was checking when his next day of work was.

Day 105 - Saturday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that makes Logic. You're all set kiddo!

Caraway heard that now that the military has cleaned up the streets some brave intrepreneurs had started a local hang-out called Apocalypse Now. Since he doesn't work he's going to head over there and check it out. (If you spot something that shouldn't be allowed with my current restrictions let me know and I'll correct it)

This is Apocalypse Now, it's a beach front property. It's built according to building restrictions, although there is one square of stairs outside of the 8x8 grid. So sue me, it was that or lose the gorgeous rock hot tub. I decided to count it as a hot tub and not garden decoration. Even though culinary has been lifted I decided not to include a barista as I thought it might count as hiring an NPC. Same goes for the massage table which I really wanted to include. Caraway's going to give us a tour of what we can do here.

First off, we have the Mahjongg table. I love Mahjongg!

A tea table... I love the quiet tones they speak in at it!

... a steam room ...

and finally, a Pirate radio. Don't worry folks, it's cloned from the $99 one.

Time to head home now folks. Caraway is feeling a bit..., well, he got stuck in the sauna for awhile and he'll get cleaned up much faster at home.

Benjamin spent most of the day studying cleaning. Knowledge sims are easy, but a bit boring to write about.

Don't worry Cassia, I'm keeping an eye on him for you!

I rather like Lilly, and I do want Caraway to have someone to share his life with later on.

Aww, come on, they're a cute couple!

Maybe not, even trying to match his attractions to her attributes only gave them one lightening bolt. Oh well, I guess we'll keep looking. At least he got a new best friend out of the whole thing.

Day 106 - Sunday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hurry up Paperboy! I want my paper now!"

This is all they do all day, it's really boring.

Bully for you, you maxed out Creativity, I'm oh so impressed.

Summary: There was quite a bit of excitement in Waknuk this week. Betony rose steadily through the ranks of Law Enforcement until she became Captain Hero and Camphor topped Teen Politics. Immediately following that Betony invited Benjamin Long, the future spouse of Cassia, to move in. Ben immediately lifted Military, thus allowing Camphor and Cassia to depart for college, and Betony and Joe to return to the house where Betony's parents' graves reside. Caraway managed to make it all the way to Theorist, leaving only one more promotion to go. To celebrate he went and checked out the newly created Apocalypse Now community lot.

Mob-Payout: $2,250
Household Cash: $424,950

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, the smustle faces had me chuckling. I love the noises they make as they slap their leg. I hear ya about knowledge sims, so easy to maintain but oh so boring to sit and watch them pull faces over a book, lol.