Notes from the Author

To view this blog as I intended it, it's best to have your screen resolution set to 1152 x 864. If your screen is set at 800 x 600 I can guarantee that your not seeing the entire pictures. Of course, it's all up to you, but I thought I'd warn you!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Week 17

Whew! I just spent most of the morning cleaning up and fixing Waknuk. Three hours, seriously. I had to dezombify the hordes since the Military had cleaned up the streets, although it appears that they've formed a 'We Love Don' cult. Then I decided to brand all the Blue Water residents (I never play them, so sometimes I forget which ones they are). After that, I had to go fix some slight problems at the Waknuk Cemetery and Apocalypse Now. Plus, deleting houses that were no longer inhabited. It took forever, but it should make game play a bit easier! On with the story!

Last week Camphor and Cassia returned from college. Cassia and Benjamin were anxious to get the wedding over with, so they got married before Ben left for work. Then he got demoted and they got to work on making their first daughter, Dittany. Caraway managed to finally top Science and promptly went to live with Betony and Joe. Dittany quickly grew into a mostly cute toddler who learnt all her skills quickly, thanks to Great-Uncle Burdock. Cassia managed to top both Law and Education this week, thus lifting her designated restriction and achieving her LTW. Benjamin and Camphor managed to find jobs in Gamer and Politics, but neither has reached the top yet.

Day 114 - Monday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that Cassia is permaplat, she can meditate through this pregnancy whenever one of the guys is around to take care of Dittany.

Come on Camphor, one more promotion and you can move out and get to work on becoming a General!

Day 115 - Tuesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These two are just so sickly sweet, you'd never believe it was an arranged marriage.

Aww, Knowledge sims are great parents when they've already maxed all their skills.

Ah, a member of the 'We Love Don' club. You shall know them because they all wear Don shirts and have skeletal hands painted on their faces. I thought the zombie paint was a little bit of overkill.

Congratulations Benjamin! At least you got promoted unlike certain sims we could mention. *cough*Camphor*cough*

Day 116 - Wednesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mommy has Saturn rings!"

My first ever toddler to maximize a skill and I don't even get a floating doohickey?

Story time. I wonder if anybody has ever proven or disproved the theory that if you read to toddlers they'll skill faster when they're older.

Snazzy outfit Ben! Looks a lot better on you than it did on Joe!

"Help! I'm being abducted by aliens!"
No your not, just hold on two seconds...

Hooray! Hoorah! Hip Hip Hooray!
Way to go Camphor, I knew you could do it eventually, now get your butt out of here. I'll see you over at the other house when I'm done here.

"Once a great political leader emerges from the family, they take over the office of the Mayor. Political corruption is cleaned up. Building supplies from other parts of the country are shipped in and distributed to those who need it. The corrupt ‘housing permit’ laws are repealed. The prestige and notoriety gained by the family allows them to sway the actions others, who see everybody from the family as a leader. The Political restrictions are lifted."

-Sims’ houses may occupy any larger than an 8X8 area, the rest of the lot may be used.

-You may place any items outside of the 8X8 area and modify tiles outside of it.
-Sims may perform influence actions.
-Sims may use the Teleprompter podium.

Miss Dittany Leaf
Neat-3, Outgoing-4, Active-10, Playful-10, Nice-7
Sagittarius

So as soon as Camphor got his promotion I got to building. Don't compliment me, because it's not my house. I was going to build the Legacina Hacienda, but I didn't have enough space without being able to tear down the Hut. This house happens to be one of the best designed Legacy houses I've ever seen. It's called Soup 4 by Ms Barrows and you can find it at TSR. Be grateful I didn't design it. It took me almost three hours just to build it and decorate it, although part of that is that it was giving me trouble over the leveling tool for the basement. If I designed it, it would probably take a week. Besides, my building skills lay more in the starter (<$20,000) direction.
So, is your new kitchen spacious enough for the two of you?
"Look at all the empty counters!"
Truth, I'm not actually sure which rooms Ms Barrows used for what, I kinda just use whichever ones I want for whatever I want. I also added a basement to it, since originally it was a ground level house, which in turn shrinks the living room a bit for extra staircases.

This thing is a hack from MTS or MATY. It costs aspirations points to buy one, but since it's not a Maxis aspiration reward we're not going to count that part. What it does is makes sims put the hat back on it when they're done so that the hats aren't constantly cluttering counters. It also ensures that you don't have a bazillion dead hats around. Every time a sim replaces the hat it is recharged and the sim is charged aspiration points, so basically it just saves me from the hassle of doing it without giving me an unfair advantage over others. I figured it show up in pictures at some point so I might as well get the explanation out of the way.

Like all sim children, the second Dittany became a child, she wanted to make a friend. Good thing her and Aren are almost there.

First Floor and Second Floor.
The basement is a surprise and the third floor isn't being used yet.

Ok, I couldn't resist, here's the suprise, an indoor swimming pool!
Thank the PTBs, because they keep spinning up wants to go swimming, in the middle of winter no less. Well, now they can!

I think Dittany may be one of those lucky children who gets stuck on Smart Milk. Even with the bookcase I don't think I've ever seen someone learn this fast. In about an hour she's earned 5 body skill points. By midnight she'd earned 8, and was finally tired enough to send off to bed.

Day 117 - Thursday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why do you keep doing this to me?"
You know how you're always talking about going on vacation, maybe visiting the middle east?
"Yes...."
That's why. More babies equals more restrictions we can lift. If you're lucky they'll do it before you become an elder.

Welcome Dill Leaf
You know, you look an awful lot like your sister...
There was a reason I had you marry the whitest guy I could find Cassia, that number 4 skin of yours is just too dark. I prefer the shades 1-3. At least for now he's got a decent looking mouth, and we now have two babies with Agrimony's eyes. Maybe that will get her to stop wailing about her bed.

"I have a son to carry on my name!"
Err, no you don't, remember, you took Cassia's name?
"oh..."

Such a cute Father/Daughter moment.
Seriously, I think Cassia really does feel this way about the slap dance. Except for when she was in college, she never spins up wants to do it.

You're kidding right? You live in a frozen wasteland where winter never ends and you decide to wear a raincoat?

"Now that the kid's gone, wanna play Hunt the Sock hot stuff?" (Thank you Dor!)
No way! You guys NEVER get pregnant on the first shot, I was just trying to boost Ben's aspiration and get at least one try out of the way. Fudge! I guess it's a good thing this house is so big. I guess the new baby can sleep in with his folks or something.

Of course, with the great timing of babies everywhere, be they flesh and blood or virtual, Dill chose that exact moment to soil himself. So much for afterglow.

Gosh, I wish I could be as ladylike as you are Cassia.

"Woohoo! Skating!"
As far as I can tell, this is perfectly legal. It's not part of a house, it's an object, and those huge pillars you see are supporting a roof! Suddenly I feel certain that I must have missed some of the rules because all of the sudden the challenge isn't so challenging. Hopefully that just means I'm doing a good job.

Now that you're all cheered up, it's homework time. Hurry up about it too, your mother's bladder might not last that long. For those of you who were paying attention when I should the layout of the house, yes, this bedroom has been rearranged, no I didn't cheat. The lot crashed right after Dittany's sister Daisy was born and the last time I'd saved was half-way through the building. I decided I'd rather her bed and desk were on this side of the room while I rebuilt.

Day 118 - Friday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Razem Frazem, grumble moan, it's a brand new shower, how could she break it in only two days?"

"Daddy! I can't remember the moves!"
"But you were doing so well yesterday sweetheart, here, watch me."

"Again? You want me to do this again? You've got to be kidding me!"

Birthday time for little Dill!

Dill Leaf
Neat-3, Outgoing-4, Active-10, Playful-10, Nice-7
Sagittarius
Poor kid got his father's strangely flat upper lip.

Benjamin gets to do the toddler skilling, he needs the aspiration boost. His level dropped down to green about 5 seconds after I had him put the hat on.

Day 119 - Saturday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cripes! Look at the size of the mouth on that kid!

Sucking your belly in that much cannot be good for the baby.

I can't remember how many best friends that makes for Camphor, but he must be getting close.

Meanwhile, Dilly gets to know some of his family. I'm not sure why Betony didn't come over, maybe she had work. Still talking about how crazy Agrimony has become, huh? Give the poor woman a break. She started this family and did a lot for this town, and managed to do it all with most of her dignity intact.

I love the bookcase!
(Body)

RRRRR, Renee, you are wasting my smart milk! I'm glad you'll be a good mom, but put that child back with his rabbit head right this instant!

I'm happy for you Benjamin, but wipe that superior look of your face.

Day 120 - Sunday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creativity

"NEVER AGAIN!!!!"
"Aww, but Mommy, it's fun having little siblings!"

Welcome Daisy Leaf
(yes, the same name as the baby who was replaced by Dill when the game crashed)

Dittany at least is thrilled to have a little sister. Just wait, you say that now, but what happens when you have to share you bedroom and your toys.

Geez Agrimony! That's twice already tonight. The poor woman is being run ragged looking after a toddler and a baby, leave her be. She may enjoy it, but her motives are being shot!

Summary: This week was plagued by game crashes, but we survived it in the end. I've become religious about saving 4 or 5 times per day and always after a major event. As for the Leafs, well it was mainly a family time week. Dittany grew up into a not too ugly child, although I hate her hair and upper lip. Cassia gave birth to Dill and Daisy. The family spent a lot of time together and relationships were at an all time high. On the more job/apocalypse oriented side of things, Camphor finally topped Politics and moved out. As soon as he was gone the lot had some major renovations. Not only do the Leafs have a much bigger house, they also got a swimming pool and a skating rink. Benjamin topped Gamer, so I require nothing more of him now than to satisfy his children's wants. Agrimony made a huge fuss about the fact that her bed isn't on this lot, but even if it hadn't automatically been sold when the family moved, it's too big for anyone to move.

Mob Payout: $2,550
Household Cash: $380,954

Around Waknuk This Week

A few words before the slideshow. One, yes the Extras' new house doesn't quite follow all of the restrictions in place. I suck at making ponds, so I'm not deleting the one that's already here. I'm capable of making a split-level garage, but why go through the hassle? Besides, they're Extras, I can do whatever I want with them lol! One more thing, I've noticed that the slide show doesn't always play through to the end right away, there are twenty-one photos this time.

No comments: