Notes from the Author

To view this blog as I intended it, it's best to have your screen resolution set to 1152 x 864. If your screen is set at 800 x 600 I can guarantee that your not seeing the entire pictures. Of course, it's all up to you, but I thought I'd warn you!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Week 19

Whew! Last week was a busy one. Let's see, Daisy went from baby to toddler to child, Dill became a child, and Dittany became a Fortune teen. Cassia decided to adopt a wolf named Hazel, and nobody except me thought she was crazy. Dittany and Dill both got all the non-hidden skills they need to have full scholarships, and Daisy only has cleaning left to work on. Dittany topped her teen career and is currently working on earning dance and pool scholarships. Who will be the heir is still up for grabs. Don't forget to keep voting on aspirations for Dill and Daisy. I think I'll decide in college who will be heir. I've had one positive comment about the "Around Waknuk" segment, so I'm considering keeping it in, at least for now, but given that I'll have another two extras in the future, it'll mean even longer between updates.

Day 128 - Monday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The morning ritual of slap dancing had returned. Oh well, it's an easy aspiration recharge.

You want the money, keep practicing.

"Bad Hazel! Bad Wolf! Go pee on the mailbox like all the other dogs/wolves!"

It's almost noon, but Cassia finally gets to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee. She spent the morning doing repairs and cleaning the house. Poor woman! Maybe I'll let you get another job once Dill grows up. Dittany's too busy earning money to take care of the children if your work day doesn't end soon enough.

Call of the wild.
Keep it up, maybe the Master of the Pack will show up tonight.

For now, Cassia has a wolf that needs training.

Isn't it a bit rude to bring someone home from school with you when you have to leave for work?

I'm beginning to see a trend here.

Spending time with your clone?
"She needs to have fun, and I need to socialize, got a problem with that?"
No, just commenting. I wanted to make the division between the two sides of the room obvious, think I succeed?

Err, Dill, you do realize that I'm blogging this, right?
Dill always seems to finish his homework much faster than Daisy. Maybe I should have Cassia help her with her homework again tomorrow.

For some reason, Ben is irresistibly drawn to Dittany's coffin-bed. Left unsupervised, he heads for it every night.

Day 129 - Tuesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassia's decided to switch to the night shift, sleeping while her family is at work and school. That way she'll be awake if Bailey (Master of the Pack) shows up again.

Don't worry Hazel, she's not really dead, now you try.

"Hazel, you ham! You could give Scooby-Doo a run for his money!"

By jove, I think she's got it!

"Now that you've mastered that, let's work on 'Roll Over'."
I have every intention of making Hazel the best trained wolf ever.

Yes, I know it's embarrassing, but I wanted everyone to see what a well behaved wolf you're becoming.

Cassia, you've got talented daughters! I'm pretty sure that Daisy wants to tell you she got her first A+, and if that move that Dittany is pulling is any indication, she might be ready to get her dance scholarship. (Oops, not quite yet)

"Ha ha! You're so wrong, you can't read the future with a magic ball, if you saw the future that would change the future, so you could never really see the future, because it's always changing."
One of the great sci-fi debates!

"Mom, my legs are getting sore, how much longer do we need to dance for?"
"I'm sure you're getting there honey, that move last time was really impressive, we'll just dance till it's time for Dill's birthday, alright?"
"I'll try..."

"Excuse me Mam, but is his but supposed to sparkle like that?"
"Shh, it's not polite to mention it."

Dill Leaf
Aspiration: Family
LTW: Raise 20 Puppies or Kittens
Neat-3, Outgoing-4, Active-10, Playful-10, Nice-7
Sagittarius

Why me? Do the Maxis gods hate me so? Why can't any of them have a nice easy life time want?
(The vote went 2 Family, 1 Fortune, 1 Pleasure)

"I don't precisely understand what it is you want me to do, but I'll try."

"What exactly am I supposed to do with the stick thingy?"
"Don't worry little brother, it's really easy" *snickers, sucker!*

Day 130 - Wednesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm all for family togetherness, but I think you guys are taking it a bit far.

Way to go Dittany! Now we just have to raise your aspiration a bit, and you're off to college!

Time to work on your hidden skills Dill. By the way, why couldn't you bring a girl home?

Sparkle Twirl, in the piddle puddle no less.

Benjamin Long-Leaf
Aspiration: Knowledge
LTW: Become Game Designer
Neat-2, Outgoing-3, Active-9, Playful-7, Nice-4
Sagittarius

Off to college with you wench! You're too difficult to keep happy without paintings and statues.

Dill's turn to head downtown for a phone and look for a potential girlfriend. I realise that the Corner Shoppes don't meet the current restrictions. I just don't let him interact with anything that breaks the rules, because I'm too lazy to strip them bare.

Unfortunately not a single teenager showed up, and I forgot to caffeinate Dill before sending him out on search. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

"Good Girl Hazel!"
Learning to 'Speak'

It's about bloody time you paid attention to your children.

Day 131 - Thursday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe it, Cassia's actually joining in on the Slap Dancing!

That's right Cassia, introduce him to the only teenage girl the family knows. Really, she's quite pretty, although I'm not sure what Dill will think.

What a clever girl! That leaves only one trick for you!

"Storf, Storf..." (Sim to English translation: "Stay, Stay...")
Hazel is a genius! She now knows all of the available tricks!

Day 132 - Friday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you do if you're an elder who refuses to sleep the night through? Go skating at 2 am of course!

Then you take the family wolf for a walk because the Plumbbob Deity is bored with watching you do nothing.

Well, nothing much happened during the day, but after school I sent Dill back downtown looking for that special someone. While he waited for some teenage girls to show up he wanted to build a snowman. Sims are strange creatures.

Dill! Quick! It's a girl, leave the stupid snowman and go talk to her, quick before she gets away!

And we have a winner! She's a bit heavy on the makeup, but they have a two bolt chemistry, which is good enough for me! Unfortunately, he refused to spin up any wants about her which was the whole point in the first place, so back home he goes to deal with his family based wants, then we can invite her over.

Daisy! That's a puddle of wolf pee! Go play with your little friend instead.

Goody! He's finally spinning up wants about her.

For a Family sim, this kid sure moves fast!

Really fast!

Bye-bye Dill, we'll see you in college soon.

Day 133 - Saturday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love this oven, it's much faster than waiting for an adult to make breakfast!

Saturday equals no school and no work. That means its time for Daisy to earn the last cleaning skill she needs for full scholarships, and Cassia and Ben can keep their relationships up.

Of course, there's always time for dancing in this house!

And hot chocolate too, now that I found a hack that fixes whatever it was that got messed up with Bon Voyage. I swear, EA would find it money well spent to add some of the hackers/modders to their payroll.

You'd actually have even more best friends than that if you called some of your other friends too.

Sparkle Twirl time!

Daisy Leaf
Aspiration: Pleasure
LTW: Have 50 Dream Dates
Neat-3, Outgoing-4, Active-10, Playful-10, Nice-7
Sagittarius

At least hers is something I've done countless times. Let's see, that means I'll be unlocking Show Business, Music, Natural Science, and Business with Generation 4(D). The vote was a straight forward 2 for Pleasure.

Back to the Corner Shoppes for a cellphone and potential boyfriends! (I really must start remembering that there's a better chance of teens being there if I send them during the day)

Good lord, she's just like her sister, embarrassed that she has to dance with her father.

Day 134 - Sunday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapping at the Corners!

This is Kennedy, Daisy met him when she was out Freestyling.

"Thank you Plumbbob Deity!! This chick is wild!"

I've finally come up with something for Ben to do for me at night. If there's snow, he builds my snowman army. If not he digs for things the family can gift away.

Summary: The Leafs danced their way through this week. Seriously, any free time they had they were either freestyle dancing, smustling or slap dancing. Cassia continued to train Hazel until she was show dog worthy. There were a lot of birthdays again this week, Dill grew up on Tuesday, Ben grew old on Wednesday, Daisy grew up on Saturday, and Cassia is due to grow old on Monday. Dittany left for college with $9000 in scholarships on Wednesday, and Dill followed on Friday with $7250.

Mob Payout: $2,850

Around Waknuk This Week
As I said at the end of last week, all of the Extras living together seemed to be causing a continious string of glitches, so the families have divided up. It means a bit of extra game play on my part, but the I can also fast forward more. I don't want to start too many houses or I'll have to start an extra blog just for the extras. That or have two or three slideshows/newspapers at the end of each week. The Extras are doing well and love their new homes, the newspaper says so! There are 25 slides this week, in case it doesn't load all of them right away for you.


No comments: