Notes from the Author

To view this blog as I intended it, it's best to have your screen resolution set to 1152 x 864. If your screen is set at 800 x 600 I can guarantee that your not seeing the entire pictures. Of course, it's all up to you, but I thought I'd warn you!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week 20

The Leafs danced their way through last week. Seriously, any free time they had they were either freestyle dancing, smustling or slap dancing. Cassia continued to train Hazel until she was show dog worthy. There were a lot of birthdays again this week, Dill grew up on Tuesday, Ben grew old on Wednesday, Daisy grew up on Saturday, and Cassia is due to grow old on Monday. Dittany left for college with $9000 in scholarships on Wednesday, and Dill followed on Friday with $7250.

Day 135 - Monday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome Home Dittany!
Dittany Leaf
Aspiration: Fortune
LTW: Own 5 Top-Level Businesses
Neat-3, Outgoing-4, Active-10, Playful-10, Nice-7
Sagittarius
See, your clothes aren't too horrible.

No job in Show Business for Dittany today, so she gets to skate or whatever else her little simmy heart desires. Which means of course, she'll probably go back to writing novels.

Why does this scenario sound so familiar? lol

Since Dittany couldn't find a job in Show Business, she decided that at least Hazel could get in. It's much easier for pets, their jobs are always available.

It's so rare that anybody bothers using the indoor pool (other than guests) that it's always photo worthy! Plus, the new water graphics/reflections are just awesome!

"My sparkle spin feels achy!"

Cassia Leaf
Aspiration: Knowledge
LTW: Become Space Pirate
Neat-4, Outgoing-8, Active-4, Playful-7, Nice-6
Libra
Cassia apparently does not believe in growing old gracefully, instead she's chosen to dye her hair and try to deny it.

Day 136 - Tuesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hooray! Show Business here we come!

"I'm getting out of this madhouse for a few hours, see ya later suckers!"

Bloody Dittany, she's always breaking the electronics!

Ok, well, at least it was just a fine.

Cool, so are you the understudy to White Fang?

Wow, you're good! One day of work and you're an Icon!!!
Once a sim from the house rises to superstar, they unleash their show “Stylish eye for the zombie guy” on the world. The Sims of the region, seeing radiated zombies shambling around looking 10 times better than them, gain a renewed interest in appearances. The profits from the show are used to bring fresh supplies of cosmetics, hair care products and stylish clothing to the region. “Fallout wear” becomes a new trend across the country. Once Sims have bought their new threads and gotten all gussied up, they are once again confident enough to organize social gatherings and show off their new looks. Even some members of the social elite decide to return. All show business restrictions are lifted.
-Sims may use all interactions on mirrors
-Sims may purchase or use anything from the “Wardrobe” tab.
-Sims may purchase perfume or the Love Potion 8.5
-Sims may throw parties of any kind.
-Sims may have “Outings”, casual or scored.
-Sims may go on scored dates.
-Sims may purchase or use the stylist’s makeover chair.
-The Diva and Mr. Big NPCs may be moved into the house for any reason.
-The Show Business career reward object may be used by all Sims.

"Come on Sis! I'll give you a free makeover, and then you can go on a date!"

"I can't go on a date looking like this!"
"Err, oops, hang on, I'll try again..."

"Oh my gosh! I am like so hot!"
(Valley girl much?)

"Your turn Mom!"

Much better!

"I'm gonna have new clothes!"

"My first date! I'm so excited!"
You might want to watch your expression, you look rather like a large, hungry predator.

"mbleziep mesilelk!"
What was that?
"My first Kiss!"
Well, next time, try not to talk with your mouth full!

A little souvenir of your first date, my dear.

After having made over her entire family, Dittany decided she needed a look that suited her better too. She decided on something that was somewhere between rock 'n roll and business. You see, she has plans.

Isn't this place a bit... dark?
"That's the idea. Now be quiet, I have hunting to do."
Hunting, ok, I probably don't want to know.

All right, now that's impressive! First time you've ever been in it and you're a master!
I've decided to give my sims a bit of a break about downtown. Stuff that they can't have at home I allow here so it provides no benefit. I'm refering to the dj booth and the sphere. Can't skill build on a community lot, which is the only reason they're currently banned at home. And as I've said before, I'm too lazy to go around stripping all the greenery and decor.

"Barkeep! Another drink please, the lush next to me just stole mine."
Whatever or whoever Dittany was hunting for, she didn't find and home she went after having done all the things that sims absolutely must do when they're downtown, except dine out, because I just don't have the patience for it.

Daisy spun up a want to max her creativity, and who am I to deny her?

Day 137 - Wednesday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't you two ever stop? I swear, when I get freetime if you two are still alive (doubtful, but it could happen) you'll both have a secondary aspiration of Romance, just so all this kissy face will do some good.

Wow! There are a lot of wolves here tonight!

"Thanks Auntie Renee, I really need the practice!"

"Revenge is SOOO sweet!"

"I don't care how many times you have to keep trying, you fix it!"

A lot of my sims seem to have issues with flashing their badges for photos, but this is almost as good.

Day 138 - Thursday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah hah! Now I know what you were hunting, but why?

Excuse me, aren't you supposed to be playing pool? BTW, remind me to have your sister redo your makeup tomorrow. I'm awful at makeup for the darkest skin tone, and it shows. Or rather, not tomorrow, but later today when you get back from school.

Another day, another free makeover, at least she's building up her skill.

"Arghh!!! You!!! You took away my 'We Love Don' face paint!"

Oh wow! I completely forgot that Hazel was still working her way up the career chain. It's just not as important as it was with the cats.

Day 139 - Friday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're certainly bringing out the big guns.

Frammit Agrimony! You couldn't have done that BEFORE she asked him on a date?

Agrimony is in one of her moods tonight.

Ok, so Dittany managed to just barely get a Dream Date out of the Count, just as the sun was rising. After a quick nap, she started greeting people and giving free makeovers. That's it, that's all that happened all day.

Congratulations Hazel! We expect no less from such an intelligent well trained wolf!

Yeah, I can't believe you earned a Silver badge for that makeover either. Now fix it.

Day 140 - Saturday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dittany's been inviting the Count over every night and buttering him up, looks like all her hard work finally paid off. I think having her sleep in a coffin during her teen years kinda twisted her.

"Yes my love, bite me!"

"I can feel new power coursing through my veins, changing me..."

"BLEH!!! Now I shall have all the time I need to build my empire!"

Saturday is Date Day! Daisy will be leaving for college soon, but we may as well take care of a few more of those nasty dates first!

Isn't it a bit cruel to ask a guy to go steady with you when you know that you're leaving for college soon?

Hazel likes to spend her days off befriending strays and wolves alike. It's awful cute!

"My first night as a vampire, it feels so good to not be concerned with fulfilling pointless bodily needs."

Ben you senile old fool! This is what I get for allowing you to choose your own dinner!

Day 141 - Sunday (Winter)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of those dates, she's had seven so far, ensure that Daisy is always in a good mood for studying, so I've put her to maximizing the rest of her skills. She managed Cooking, Mechanical, Cleaning and Charisma by 7 am, since she was fully recharged from all that dating.

Every time I turn around Cassia is busy playing with a wolf. She seems to prefer them to the strays.

"This lifestyle certainly ensures that I have much more time to spend on novels, even if I do have to hide myself away during the day."

Sometimes I wonder about sims, when I was Daisy's age I never would have made out in front of my mother. Good thing Cassia's distracted by her phone call.

That's plenty of scholarship money for you my dear!

The college swarm is almost as bad as the birthday swarm, lol.

Summary: This week Dittany returned from college. She and Hazel both topped Show Business, thus lifting the Show Business restrictions. Hooray, makeovers and dates! Cassia became an elder who refused to grow old gracefully, but Dittany took care of that. In fact Dittany did a lot of makeovers this week, working her way up to a Silver Badge. She also became rather obsessed with tracking down a certain individual which eventually led to her becoming a vampire, giving her plenty of time to build her business empire. Daisy was probably the person the most thrilled about Show Business being lifted. She managed to get in 9 dates this week before heading off to join Dill at college. Cassia spent the week befriending every wolf she met, but she still hasn't achieved her desire to become a werewolf. Benjamin didn't really do anything, but he always has been a rather boring sim. The only interesting thing about him is that whenever I leave him and Cassia unattended I find them making out in some out of the way corner of the house.

Mob Payout:$3,000

Around Waknuk This Week
The newspaper did a fairly decent job of reporting this week. The only additions I have to make are that there were a lot more promotions than were reported, and that Daffodil is a Knowledge sim. Mostly because, even as a child she constantly had wants to skill build or do her homework, where the normal sim child is more concerned with befriending everyone they meet. Also, Renee's LTW was to Reach Her Golden Anniversary.

No comments: